James Davies, M.D.
Meet Dr. Davies
James P. Davies M.D. is fellowship trained in foot & ankle orthopaedic surgery. He was born and raised in Tulsa. After completing undergraduate work in Biological Sciences at Oklahoma State University where he graduated Cum Laude with an Honors College Degree, he received his medical degree from The University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. Dr. Davies completed his orthopaedic surgery training at the University of South Carolina where he was named senior resident of the year, and was involved in several publications in both peer reviewed journals and textbooks. Dr. Davies completed his Foot & Ankle Fellowship training at the prestigious Hospital for Special Surgery in New York which was recently named the #1 hospital in the United States for orthopaedics by U.S. News and World Report. During his training Dr. Davies directly provided care for a number of high school, collegiate, professional, and Olympic athletes. His research has been presented at regional, national, and international meetings. He is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS). Dr. Davies believes that strong patient-doctor relationships are paramount in delivering effective, affordable, high quality healthcare. His goal is to provide patients with the best medical care possible, using all the latest techniques and current research available.
Education, Training, and Affiliations
- Undergraduate Degree: Bachelor of Science, Oklahoma State University
- Medical Degree: Doctor of Medicine, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Internship: Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
- Fellowships: Foot & Ankle Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY
- Board-Eligible: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Skills and Expertise
- Ankle sprain, Post ankle fracture pain, Hallux rigidus, Bunions, Ankle fracture, Drop foot, Diabetic foot, Sports-related ankle injuries, Achilles tendon repair, Calcaneovalgus foot, Flexible flatfoot , Rigid flatfoot, Hallux valgus , Hammertoe, Total ankle arthroplasty, Ankle reconstruction, Foot reconstruction, Ankle dislocation, Ankle arthroplasty, Foot surgery, Ankle surgery, Joint preservation surgery, Complex foot surgery, Foot rheumatoid arthritis, Bunion surgery, Revision ankle surgery, Lateral ankle ligament reconstruction, Medial ankle ligament reconstruction, Ankle rheumatoid arthritis, Anterior ankle impingement, Ankle tendoscopy, Ankle arthrodesis, Foot trauma, Ankle trauma, Flatfoot, Foot sports medicine, Ankle fusion, Ankle replacement, Total ankle arthroplasty
William Boyd Award Senior Resident of the Year. June 2018. Columbia, SC
National Orthopedic Leadership Conference Representative. Washington D.C. April 2017
South Carolina Orthopaedic Association 2016 Resident Research Competition. First Place. August 2016
William A Boyd Resident Research Award. University of South Carolina Department of Orthopaedics. June 2016
Harley and Betty Baxter Resident Research Award for the American Academy of Orthopaedics and the Southern Orthopaedic Association. July 2016
American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society, 2016 Resident Scholarship Award. Toronto, Ontario. July 20-23 2016
American Orthopaedic Association Resident Leadership Forum
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery Resident Assembly Representative
Professional Society Memberships
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- American Medical Association
- Oklahoma State Medical Association
- Tulsa County Medical Society
Jackson JB MD, Davies James MD. et al. A Prospective Multicenter Evaluation of the Value of the On-Call Orthopedic Resident. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. February 2018; doi:10.4300/JGME-D-17-00277.1.
Davies, James MD. Value of Residents’ On-Call Work Exceeds Medical Education Funding Received. Orthopedics Today. Business of Orthopedics. June 2018.
Dr. Bret Smith DO; Davies, James MD; Melton, William MD. Achilles Tendon Pathology. Clinics in Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, edited by Paul Dayton and Thomas Zgonis. Clinics Review Articles. April 2017